With almost 600 members, Acupuncture NZ is the largest of the professional bodies representing Acupuncturists and Chinese Medicine Practitioners in New Zealand. Our members cover every area of the country from the very far north to the very bottom of the south in all the main cities as well as the smaller rural areas.
Acupuncture NZ supports members in the following ways:
- representation in dealings with ACC, the Ministry of Health and the public.
- providing advocacy and professional support.
- negotiates competitive insurance rates for members.
- keeps members informed about current issues with regular newsletters.
- produces cost effective flyers promoting the use of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine for display.
- provides a two to three day annual conference in association with the AGM, bringing together local and international presenters to ensure members are fully informed about current issues.
- runs courses, seminars and workshops for members to achieve their CPD requirements.
Easy steps to join Acupuncture NZ:
- Complete and send the Application Form with the application fee ($125.00) together with evidence of training, a passport sized photograph and two character references to Acupuncture NZ.
- After the documentation is processed and approved those required to do the Assessment of Clinical Competence will be contacted by Acupuncture NZ to arrange a suitable time and place. The assessment is to determine clinical competence and safety and to ensure an understanding of the Acupuncture NZ Code of Professional Ethics and Acupuncture NZ Clinical Procedures and Safe Clinical Practice. A good level of spoken, written and comprehension of English is required.
Acupuncture NZ members have been recognised by the Accident Compensation Commission (ACC) as Treatment Providers since 1990. As an Acupuncture NZ member registration with ACC will enable members to treat ACC patients and claim a treatment fee from ACC. ( See AcNZ ACC Requirements for further details).
All Acupuncture NZ members are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours Continuing Professional Development (CPD) every year in order to maintain an Annual Practicing Certificate.
All new members are given a 50% discount of fees for the first year of membership of Acupuncture NZ. All new graduates get a second year with 50% discount of their fees.
Students who are enrolled in a full time course of study may join Acupuncture NZ as Student Members. Student members pay no registration fee but must provide a letter from the school confirming their enrolment. The $125 application fee will be waived for those who have been Student Members of NZRA for a minimum period of one calendar year when the time comes to upgrade to full membership.