Acupuncture NZ is the largest of the professional bodies representing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Practitioners in New Zealand. Our 600 members are situated throughout the country.
Steps to join Acupuncture NZ:
- Complete and send the Application Form with the application fee ($125.00) and required documents.The application will be processed. Those required to do the assessment will be contacted by Acupuncture NZ to arrange the assessment.
- Information regarding the assessment is found in the Assessment Information for Candidates. The applicant will need to understand and apply the information in the following documents: Acupuncture NZ Code of Professional Ethics and Acupuncture NZ Clinical Procedures and Safe Clinical Practice.
Note: A good level of spoken, written and comprehension of English is required.
Acupuncture NZ members have been recognised by the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) as Treatment Providers since 1990. Acupuncture NZ members registered with ACC, can treat ACC patients and claim a treatment fee from ACC.
All Acupuncture NZ members are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours Continuing Professional Development (CPD) every year in order to maintain their Annual Practicing Certificate.
All new members are given a 50% discount of fees for the first year of membership with Acupuncture NZ. All new graduates get a second year with 50% discount of their fees.
Students who are enrolled in a full time course of study may join Acupuncture NZ as Student Members. Student members pay no registration fee but must provide a letter from the school confirming their enrolment. The $125 application fee will be waived for those who have been Student Members of Acupuncture NZ for a minimum period of one calendar year when the time comes to upgrade to full membership.
Acupuncture NZ supports members in the following ways:
- representation in dealings with ACC, the Ministry of Health and the public.
- providing advocacy and professional support.
- negotiates competitive insurance rates for members.
- keeps members informed about current issues with regular newsletters.
- produces cost effective flyers promoting the use of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine for display.
- provides a two to three day annual conference in association with the AGM, bringing together local and international presenters to ensure members are fully informed about current issues.
- runs courses, seminars and workshops for members to achieve their CPD requirements.