Acupuncture NZ Covid-19 Information for members and the New Zealand Public
Everyone is reminded that the best place to get your information about Covid 19 is the Unite against Covid website
7 September 2021
From 11.59pm tonight most of New Zealand will move to Covid-19 Delta Alert Level 2. Auckland will remain at Level 4 for the time being. This means that AcNZ practitoners throughout New Zealand, except in Auckland, can resume working in their clinics from Wednesday morning.
The government has recommnded the use of masks in most situations but particularly when in close contact occupations. This means that practitoners and patients will be wearing masks in clinic from tomorrow as much as is practicable. Obviously if face points need to be needled then removing the mask is a sensible option. Often our practitoners need their clients to be lying face down for treatment so again, wearing a mask may not be desirable.
All businesses must display their QR code and clients are advised to scan themselves in at every visit. Physical distancing and hand hygiene recommendations remain a necessity and clinic linen will be changed frequently.
Stay safe everyone - we may have moved down a level but it's not over yet. Take good care of yourselves and each other.
2 September 2021
The government has announced that applications for the initial two-week Wage Subsidy August 2021, which opened on 20 August 2021, close at 11.59pm on Thursday 2 September 2021.
Applications for a second round of Wage Subsidy – to be known as Wage Subsidy August 2021 #2 – open at 9.00am on Friday 3 September.
To apply for the second round you must wait until two weeks after the date of your first application - for example, if you first applied on 23 August, then you cannot apply for the second round until 6 September. More information here.
31 August 2021
From 11.59pm this evening, 31 August 2021, all of New Zealand south of Auckland will move to Level 3 of lockdown. Auckland and Northland will remain in Level 4 - Auckland for two more weeks, but dependent on the results of further testing, Northland may move to Level 3 on Thursday night.
At Level 4 we are not able to work in our clinics but may provide Telehealth sessions for those who wish to consult with us. Unfortunately ACC have clearly stated that they will not cover acupuncture via telehealth so any such session must be paid for by each individual patient/client.
At Level 3 we still cannot work from our clinics but can continue to provide Telehealth consultations. Additionally, Acupuncture NZ members can supply herbal products as long as there can be fully contactless pick-up or delivery and payment is made online.
We can return to seeing people in our clinics once we move down to Level 2.
The very best thing we can all do is to stay safe and stay home until we are through this.
- Get tested even if you only have the slightest of symptoms or have been at one of the MoH listed locations of interest.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow. Immediately bin your tissues if you have needed to blow your nose.
- The very best protection is still to wash your hands frequently - after going to the toilet, before handling food, after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. Soap and water is best but hand sanitiser is also ok
- If you haven't done so already make your appointment to get vaccinated - to protect yourself but also to help protect everyone else. Book online at the Book my Vaccine page or call Healthline on 0800 28 29 26.
- Masks are now compulsory whenever you leave your home.
- Scan into any business that you visit and be mindful to socially distance wherever you go.
- Eat well and eat regular meals. Get regular fresh air and exercise. Soak up some sunshine at every opportunity.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep and don't push yourself to the limit.
- Take the time to rest and restore - get out in the garden, get creative, read a novel - anything to help recharge your batteries.
As Sole Traders or employers, you will likely be eligible for the government provided Wage Subsidy to help cover wages lost during Levels 3 and 4. If you are an employee, speak to your employer to make sure that they are aware that this payment is available to them.
Sole Traders and employers may also apply for the Resurgence Support Payment to assist in covering other business expenses.
Acupuncture NZ strongly recommend that all members get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity. There is increasing evidence that the vaccine is the best tool we have against the Delta variant of Covid-19. Whilst it is possible to still contract Covid after vaccination, the likelihood of needing hospital treatment, and particularly ICU care, is dramatically reduced after vaccination. We have an ethical and professional responsibility to all those who visit our clinics to take every possible step to ensure their continued safety.